International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC)
The aims of IPDC are to:
- Assist developing countries (by the provision of consultative services where necessary) to prepare and implement information and communication development plans, and to create communication infrastructures
- Improve consultation and co-ordination among all parties interested in the development of communication
- To promote regional co-operation among communication institutions;
- To analyse national and international needs and resources and to prepare studies on international co-operation in the field of information and communication development
- To promote awareness of the role of communication in development and to improve international exchange of information
IPDC PROJECT 2014
Community Radio for the Maroons of Trelawny Town is an IPDC project funded for the operation of a licensed sustainable community radio station that will serve the needs of Accompong and the immediate environs. This is the first initiative of this kind in Accompong and will serve to provide the access to empowerment and development for the 30,000 Maroon community.
Activity: see World Radio Day 2015
IPDC PROJECT 2011
July 2011: Twenty-one journalists from 10 Caribbean countries participated in the training workshop “Media and Democracy” which was held in in Kingston, Jamaica. This workshop was organized by the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association (CBA) with funds provided by UNESCO’s International Programme for Development of Communication (IPDC), in collaboration with the Caribbean Broadcasting Union (CBU), Television Jamaica (TVJ), Creative Production Training Centre (CPTC) and CVM TV in Jamaica.
PDC/51 JAM/01 JAMAICA
|US$ 20,000||Jamaica: Creative Media and Creative Content Development: Internet Radio/Mobile ICT Lab||2006|
|US$ 32,000||Department Correctional Services (DCS) – Prison Radio Network (Rehabilitation Radio)||2006|
|US $20,000||Building mobile, multimedia capacity for rural youth|